Aye, Aye Captain!

{Little Big Man}
He may be a little hard to understand when he speaks (that darn speech delay!), but Aidan (3) has found other ways to get his little point across.  Besides responding, "Aye, Aye Captain" when I ask him to do something, last week Aidan has started toting around this little pad and paper. 

It not only cracks me up, but when he puts that pencil behind his ear it makes me start to wonder what kind of big person this little man will be one day.  Its hard for me to see past the day to day grind when he refuses to potty train or throw fits every time we have to leave a "fun" place, but when I can look ahead I LOVE it. 

Will he be a Reporter? Scientist? Professor?  Well, whatever he becomes I hope that his passion for life can be appreciated by everyone around him...especially me!

And if you haven't been over to the blog Simple As That, you might want to stop by.  Its "Simple Sunday"...a time when you can add a photo of some simple thing that made you smile this week. 

Here's mine...




Oh, and a few more...just for fun.  






Makings of the next Picasso? ;)



{Sweetheart}
And when Aidan isn't on the computer or taking notes, he has a heart of gold. When I was sick last month Ethan (7) brought me a glass of water. Next thing I know Aidan brought me this...


What mom wouldn't appreciate such a sweet gesture?  {And I guess playing "puppy" around the house has taken its toll...;)}

What made you smile last week?! 
XOXO
Toad

1 comment:

rebecca said...

he is absolutely adorable Emily! :) thank you for sharing your photos with us. :)

Recent Posts

google33e193cc695cc79f.html